[Openicc] printer, driver, CUPS, PPD, printing GUI, ICC-profiles, colord, Oyranos, taxi....

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Mon Jan 30 00:09:07 PST 2012

Michael Sweet wrote:

> I know I have
> been discouraged that ICC tables are based on a linear grid which requires a lot of grid points
> instead of having most of them "near the edges" where the higher sampling is needed.

I'm not sure what you mean. ICC profiles generally use the per-channel input
tables to distribute the grid in some "optimal" fashion.

[Your assumption about the edges is not necessarily true either
 - see "Improved Perceptual Uniformity of Sampling in Color Look-up
Tables" by Rohit A. Patil and Maxim W. Derhak, pp 238, 18th Color Imaging
Conference, 2010]