[Openicc] printer, driver, CUPS, PPD, printing GUI, ICC-profiles, colord, Oyranos, taxi....

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 30 05:59:38 PST 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:02:53 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Robert Krawitz wrote:
>> Honestly, even several megabytes strikes me as pretty small potatoes
>> these days.
>
> That will still end up heavily loading  the CPU cache hierarchy when you
> want to translate all your pixels through a color transform lookup.

Yes; the question is the extent to which this matters with contemporary
(and future) processors and printers.  But we don't need to decide that
right now.

One possibility would be to have different resolutions for people with
different tradeoffs between quality demands and performance.

--Eric Crampton