[Openicc] [Per Queue] [GSOC] Making a color assignment in CUPS web interface?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Feb 27 11:35:44 PST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 12:23 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

> Chris, and others ...
>
>  I think Apple as such is out of *this* discussion relating to CUPS, because we are now talking of the forked openprinting CUPS. Please see Tim Waugh's message http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/161306.html
>
>  In a way this simplifies things because we can decide about the stuff needed for Linux by ourselves.

I did not take that post as an indication there is going to be a literal fork of CUPS. I think the idea is to move needed features to other services/projects rather than a CUPS fork.

Totally departing from upstream is probably not a good idea, IMO. It will make it more difficult once all the weird ancient junk is pretty much gone, with a preponderance of IPP Everywhere devices.