[Openicc] [Per Queue] [GSOC] Making a color assignment in CUPS web interface?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Feb 27 17:12:28 PST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> We can see for Apple that desktop is in the ~10-20% of their bottom line, and shrinking. iOS is
>
> Who cares about the percentage - they're selling more desktops and laptops than ever
> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388740,00.asp>.

The 4th quarter results indicate less growth on desktop/laptops, consistent with Q3. So yes, more than 2010, but it appears to be flattening with more recent data.

While Apple don't issue sales figures on towers, it's widely regarded to be a dwindling sale. I expect maybe one more tower model, but will not be surprised if the current towers are the last. Most of the desktop+laptop category sales are Macbook Airs. 17 million iPhones, 11 million iPads, vs ~5 million Macs.

Consumers are buying smart phones and a good percent are buying tablets. Far fewer are now buying desktops. In my opinion the desktop era for consumers is over.

Photoshop (Touch) now on an iPad.