[Openicc] [Per Queue] [GSOC] Making a color assignment in CUPS web interface?

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 23:17:05 PST 2012

Am 27.02.12, 14:44 -0800 schrieb Michael Sweet:
> CUPS 1.6 will include colord support - Red Hat contributed the work to Apple and I am working on integrating that code along with the Avahi support.

So far colord in CUPS appears to me orthogonal to CUPS' own device profile
configuration. CUPS has a clear concept for static vendor supplied
device profiles, which are defined per print queue.

colord provides non static local user profiles independent to any queue
or job without check. Due to this under-determined nature is is easy to
find many scenarios, where colord in CUPS behaves undefined and risks
bugs.
How does you see that colord inside CUPS works in a maintainable manner?