[Openicc] Google Summer of Code 2012 help welcome

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 29 11:12:11 PST 2012

Hello all,

Google Summer of Code is a global program that offers students stipends to
write code for open source projects. The program provides a opportunity to
work three months fulltime from May 21th until August 20th 2012 on a
existing or newly proposed project idea.
Our goal is to encurage participation, develop expertise and create new or
improve existing components.

I offer again to organise registration and mentoring one or more projects
for OpenICC. Collaboration with other organisations is very likely to
happen again this year.

We have already some projects on our GSoC page of this year [1].
Here the non fixed list of current ideas:
     Colour Managed Window
     Advanced GPU Colour Management
     Colour Management for Krita Printing
     Print Queue Setup in KolorManager
     KWin Colour Correction
     OpenICC Colour Configuration Data Base
     Simple Toolkit Abstraction
     OpenGTL-/+OpenCL meta backend for Oyranos
     CMM's for Oyranos
     AICC Library
     Extending the Oyranos Colour Conversion Framework

Please consider joining the team of mentors or even offer to administrate.
Registration as mentor can be due to moral help, for practical reasons if
interessted in a project or in order to vote and help evaluating the
student proposals. Formalism inside the program is low.
If you are interessted please get in contact with me or reply here.

www.openicc.info - Google Summer of Code 2012 admin candidate

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc/GoogleSoC2012