[Openicc] Extra metadata keys for review

Ethan Hansen ehansen at drycreekphoto.com
Tue May 8 16:13:34 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hughes
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2012 23:45

> ACCURACY_dE76_avg	The calibration delta-E average value
> ACCURACY_dE76_max	The calibration delta-E maximum error value
> ACCURACY_dE76_rms	The calibration delta-E RMS error value

What measurement set is being used to quantify d-E for the calibration? The
entire characterization target? A subset? A carefully selected sub-sample
designed to show that my particular calibration tool gives the lowest d-E of
anything out there?

Unless there is some consistent sample set used, these values may have many
significant figures but no real-world significance. The only use I could see
is comparing the results from a particular calibration tool to itself with
minor tweaks in the setup parameters.

Cheers,
Ethan