[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:28:49 PDT 2012

We are not making a frivolous request we feel we *need* this feature.

We are not asking for a discussion of whether this is or not
appropriate for *users*, or for a lecture of what Gutenprint *users*
should be doing.  We are not users, we are the developers of this
thing, we have an internal roadmap of tools we need to bring up to
make our maintenance task easier.

We are making an explicit feature request as engineers, who need this
feature to be available to us and our colleagues. Available on
development and working configurations, for the purpose of development
AND diagnostics AND maintenance.

Gutenprint has in the past provided a reliable print service with
timely support of new hardware, so our requests if they are clearly
stated and simple to implement should carry a certain weight.

Edmund