[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:08:32 PDT 2012

We don't want to need to special-case file. Ideally want to just
cleanly install a PPD with the "CM-OFF" option in it, and inking
stuff, and *bang* everything on that queue is now in the state we
want.

Do we need to continually justify such a simple request? Robert has
volunteered to do his part in making Gutenprint a good citizen of a
color-managed workflow, we suggested a solution in the form of XML
inking settings, Robert has volunteered to do a substantial amount of
refactoring in order to implement the serialisation in XML of these
ink presets, now please let us have tools which we ask for to get our
job done.

Edmund