[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:45:17 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> In any case, an API is needed. Or do we allow apps to modify PPDs, or create derivative PPDs, just so that profile targets and prematched data can be properly printed?

This is not about "allowing" users to do things, this is about
*empowering* the Gutenprint engineers to get their job done. The job
here is getting a configuration file in the mail, loading it, and
printing various targets in a predictable way as soon as this
configuration file is loaded, so that measurements can be made and
sent back by email. As soon as the config file (the PPD) is loaded,
the queue should be in the desired state.

Edmund