[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

Chris Murphy chris at colorremedies.com
Sun Feb 3 15:29:35 PST 2013

On Feb 3, 2013, at 2:42 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I should just add some code that if the official sRGB profile
> is installed anywhere (by its file checksum) then it uses it
> automatically without any config files at all.

Along these same lines, it *might* be a powerful feature to have a way to use the ICC sRGB v4 profile with prmg transform, by default everywhere sRGB is called. There are some distinct advantages to having this profile used as a source profile in conjunction with v4 output profiles. I wouldn't hurry making such a feature as I know of no software package that creates v4 output device profiles using the PRMG at this time; they're only premade profiles that come with HP products, as far as I know.