[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:23:11 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I was asked last week about why all the ICC profiles descriptions are
all localized to en_US. I know it's possible to localize the
descriptions using lcms, and I'm asking if this is a good idea to
implement. In colord we generate the profiles algorithmically, and it
would be pretty easy to use gettext to extract all the unlocalised
strings and encode the translations into the finished ICC profile.

Comments and advice very welcome, thanks.

Richard