[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Chris Murphy chris at colorremedies.com
Mon Mar 18 19:52:34 PDT 2013

On Mar 18, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 March 2013 18:36, Lars Borg <borg at adobe.com> wrote:
>> Translated descriptions can make cross-border color management &
>> instructional videos more difficult.
>
> That's true, I guess. Do you think any of these make sense to localize?

I don't understand what these mean, even in English, and therefore what they'd be used for. So I don't know that localization is helpful.

> * Compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)
> * X11 Colors
> * Crayon Colors
> * D65
> * D55
> * D50

A better way to do this would be filenames to equate to drop down menu names in applications, with the app hopefully eliminating display of the (ridiculous) superfluous filename extension. And then use the desc field for exactly what it should be for which is a description of the profile, rather than its name. multiLocalizedUnicodeType doesn't have a byte limit.