[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:20:19 PDT 2013

On 20 March 2013 16:48, Chris Murphy <chris at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Coming up with all new reasonable length descriptive text for MLUC is more work

Yes, agreed, but if it's prose it can be translated which is probably
useful if we're going to make this CM thing more accessible.

> If the wikipedia URL is expected to be reliable for 20 years

This is my worry, plus the link is only available in en_US language.

> I think they should have test in the name, at least.

They do, kinda. They are tagged with a bit of metadata
<data_source>test</data_source> so we display a "Test Profile: "
prefix in the UI and they also get listed below user-created profiles.

> There's no chance the vcgt in such profiles can produce D65, D55, D50 white points on random displays.

Agreed, maybe D?? is a bad name.

>  It's reasonable if they were: cool white, neutral white, warm white.

Surely neutral white would be vcgt-adapted to about 6000Kish, warm
white 5500Kish cool white something like 6500Kish? I'm not attached to
the D?? names at all, they are really just test profiles I use.

Richard