[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Mar 20 14:25:35 PDT 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme at argyllcms.com> wrote:

> Sure, and all this stuff is legal stuff is getting worse - "Copyright Maximalists"
> are going flat out at the moment trying to turn the clock back, and have lots of
> support from bribed politicians.

Like most wars, I suspect significantly more pain is needed before people realize this is not in anyone's best interest. But it's a fine line on the damage being so bad that unwinding the paradigm is no longer the main problem.

>> It very well may be accurate, but it is imprecise because a reasonable observer will question
>> whether the encoding is identical to the Adobe supplied Adobe RGB (1998) profile, or differs in
>> some minor way. I find the mandated usage makes the profile worthless.
>
> How about "interchangeable with" then ?

I prefer that.

>> But whatever, it's not a hill I'm going to die on. I'll just tell people they should download
>> the real deal, or they should use ECI RGB v1.
>
> In general, they aren't distributable.

Which? Adobe RGB (1998)? Not a big loss, honestly, if ECI RGB v1 is distributable people are arguably better off using that anyway.