[Openicc] The OutputIntent and Color Managed Printing

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Mon May 20 15:52:31 PDT 2013

I agree that in the special cases where you have varnishes, embossing etc,
proofing/retargeting would be an issue with that extra stuff handled likely
outside an ICC workflow.

Per the ISO PDF specification, you can have multiple Output Intents in a
generic PDF file.   I have never seen such a file in the wild, but it is
clearly allowed according to the specification.   With the PDF/X spec,
things are much more restrictive.

Michael