[Openicc] Printing profiling targets - state of implementation?

Chris Murphy chris at colorremedies.com
Tue May 21 12:38:17 PDT 2013

On May 21, 2013, at 8:18 AM, edmund ronald <edmundronald at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
>  I have discussed this issue again with Robert. Speaking as engineers, we at Gutenprint *really wish* to be able to throw an OFF switch on a queue, and print *from normal graphics applications* , in particular the GIMP.

This:

On May 20, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> This *will* allow you to run lpadmin/lpoptions to set the default for that option if you like (a giant off switch), but I really don't recommend it…

Will let you do that for a queue , if I understand correctly. If so, that affects anything printed to that queue, from any application.

I agree that it's a kludge, it's better for an application designed for this purpose to have the ability. It also makes sense for the "switch" to be self-describing in the PDF so a profile target in PDF form, dropped into a queue, would print without color management.