[Openicc] Printing profiling targets - state of implementation?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:04:05 PDT 2013

It is implemented in gstoraster now. Richard has sent me the appropriate
patch and I have applied it to the upstream GIT repository of
Ghostscript, so it is included in Ghostscript 9.08 and later. For
getting a patch for older Ghostscript versions, the patch is commit
c374882e38fdac.

Inhibiting color management can be done via colord, with a command like

colormgr device-inhibit /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/<printer> 0

or by sending the calibration print job with the option
"color-management=off". Please use the same option (a boolean option)
when adding suppression of color management to any other CUPS filter.

Turning off color management in Ghostscript is done by calling it with
the "-dUseFastColor" command line option.

Thanks to Richard Hughes for the patch.

Richard is currently working on adding this feature to foomatic-rip.

   Till