[Openicc] Open CxF File Support

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 10:04:17 PDT 2013

On 6 August 2013 18:00, Max Derhak <Max.Derhak at onyxgfx.com> wrote:
> For name encoding there are two new tag types Utf8TextType and Utf16TextType.

Seems kinda strange to define both... I don't really see the need for
UTF16 as a new type, especially given the binary encoding in the ICC
format is designed for small files.

> an additional MLUC tag can be provided that allows for optional localization to be provided.

I'd argue the translated name should also be used as a search key too.
It would be slightly odd to ask someone to search for "royal blue"
when they're unable to type any kind of English.

Richard.