[Openicc] Color Infrastructure of ... LINUX ecosystem

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 04:45:15 PDT 2013

Jan Peter,

I think we needs some user-level documentation. For instance, I did
some experimentation recently under several distributions, and found
that a CMYK profiling target came out as either a black sheet or a set
of stripes when printed via "lp" from a Tiff on several distributions,
but could be correctly printed from say Acroread when wrapped as a
PDF.

Of course one could hope that a user wishing to employ Linux to print
should spend some weeks testing, in the spirit of Linux, which tool is
appropriate, before relying on some feature, but some users are too
impatient. Hence real and well maintained user-level documentation
might be extremely useful.

Edmund

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Jan-Peter Homann