[Openicc] "color-management=off" option for all filters in cups-filters (and CUPS)

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:39:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

I like to get help (or even better: patches) from the color management
experts.

To be able to calibrate printers it must be possible to print with all
color management action turned off. Richard has added the
"color-management" option to gstoraster for it which turns all color
management in the Ghostscript instance called by gstoraster off when the
option is set to "off".

Now we need this opption globally, for any printer/driver combo. So I
want to ask you which CUPS filters of the Linux printing workflow with
CUPS 1.6.x (most filters supplied by cups-filters, only some by CUPS)
need to check this option and what do they have to do when they find
that the user has supplied "color-management=off" with the current print
job.

Best would be if you could supply patches for the current cups-filters
and CUPS source code.

Thanks in advance

   Till

P. S.: If you make patches, let "color-management" be a real CUPS
boolean option, not only accepting all-lowercase "off" but also
case-independent "1"/"0", ""True"/"False", "On"/"Off", "Yes"/"No". and
also use without "=value": "color-management"/"nocolor-management".