[Openicc] color management on mobile

glennrp at comcast.net glennrp at comcast.net
Wed Apr 30 13:44:59 PDT 2014

----- Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Firefox 29 on Android 4.3 passes the ICC v2 test here:
> http://color.org/version4html.xalter
>
> I don't know when this behavior started. Maybe it was working with Firefox 28 during Libre Graphics Meeting and I was somehow confusing it with Chrome. It definitely does not pass the test with Chrome on Android.
>
> I'm going to guess that the display profile they're using is sRGB. So anything untagged or tagged sRGB is not transformed. Anything tagged other than sRGB is transformed.

Firefox has a setting in about:config, "gfx.color_management.mode".

   0: no color management
   1: everything is color managed
   2: (default) only tagged images are color managed

This arrangement has persisted for more than a decade but I thought it
was going to be a temporary situation.

See bugzilla.mozilla.org,
Bug 621474 - Image displays incorrect with wrong color (png)

Glenn