[Openicc] Renaming an ICC profile

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:14:38 PDT 2014

On 14 May 2014 14:56, Max Derhak <Max.Derhak at onyxgfx.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about using the concept of "Original Checksum" as a metadata element.

Right.

> Just like changing a filename you need to modify all references to it in order for things to be consistent.

Yes, that's also an option that I didn't mention in my original mail.
It's highly unlikely the profile is mapped to hundreds of different
devices, or that there are hundreds of profiles mapped to a device, so
it should be insanely quick to do this.

> Additionally, what happens when someone adds the original profile again to the system, you then have two profiles with the same checksum?

I didn't think about that case, thanks. Maybe just dump the
checksum-metadata idea and just Device.ProfileAdd the new profile. All
this can be handled in the daemon, and so can be done atomically as
one step and without any visual glitches.

Richard