[Openicc] cups-filters

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri May 16 14:23:42 PDT 2014

TK> I have done more investigations on 16-bit Raster files and swapping each
TK> pair of two bytes in the bitmap (switching endianess) makes the PDF
TK> coming out correctly. This means something is Little Endian here

As I (eventually) noted in(at the end of) my last post, cupsRasterReadPixels(),
from libcupsimage, normalizes what it reads to native order.  So it'll only
look like little endian on little endian arch's.

Given the rastertopdf uses that, it must then use htonl(3)/htons(3) or
opencode its own to get things back to big endian.

The gs output probably is fine.

If you do not have a big endian box to test on, sign up for:

   https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm#How_to_Get_Involved.3F

They have a couple of power 730 (one running fedora, one aix) and
a sparc box.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6