ANNOUNCE: p11-kit 0.19.1

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed May 29 02:14:12 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Stef Walter <stefw at redhat.com> wrote:

> It is also embedded in many projects (Mozilla does it, cpython does it).
> If linking to an outside library is a show stopper for you, I guess we
> could embed it as well. For obvious reasons embedding is sub-optimal.
> But if necessary, it's an option I'm willing to consider.
[...]
> But please do push back if all of this continues to be unacceptable. I
> want p11-kit to be accepted, and your feedback (now that you understand
> more about libffi and the issue at hand) is super welcome.

Hello Stef,
 Thanks for the detailed information. Indeed that addition it seems
very useful on the desktop case. I don't think that embedding is
needed, at least to my use-case -small embedded systems that don't use
a variety of libraries. In my case having the option to compile
without ffi is sufficient. What was my main concern is of p11-kit
becoming a library that could not easily be used in such a system.

regards,
Nikos