Fixing NSS and p11-kit in Fedora (and beyond)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 19 01:41:20 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 03:19 -0500, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> Very nice work. I'd reformat the guideline as "Background and
> rationale", which would explain how we would like token keys
> to work in Fedora, and then an explicit list of actions a packager
> should do. That would make the packager's work much more easy and
> would also be more easy to explain to the FPC people.

That's fairly much *exactly* the feedback I got in the Fedora Packaging
Committee meeting last night :)

I unexpectedly have a three-year-old today, because her preschool term
ended on Wednesday and we kind of forgot to make alternative
arrangements. So I *will* do those things, but perhaps not today. I
doubt there'll be a FPC meeting on Christmas Day or New Year's Day but
hopefully we can get the guidelines approved on January 8th.

I may then be pushing people hard to switch their package builds *away*
from NSS to comply with the guidelines, unless we can get some traction
on actually fixing NSS.

--
dwmw2