patch set for #90289

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 24 06:41:24 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 14:58 +0200, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> A better/more precise fix (replacement for 0002-Do-not-finalize
> -modules-created-in-another-pid.patch) is attached.

Hm, what if the parent exits but the child remains. Doesn't the parent
deinitialise the functions that the child still needs? Don't you need
some kind of refcount? Not that I know how you can achieve that,
without locking in the atfork child handler.

See https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libffi-discuss/2012/msg00186.html for
a discussion of the libffi shared memory issue, btw.

Other than that, it all looks good to me; thanks!

--
dwmw2