comments on packaging

Daiki Ueno dueno at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 17:42:24 UTC 2017

Kai Engert <kaie at kuix.de> writes:

> On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 14:28 +0100, Kai Engert wrote:
>> Not knowing what your usual release procedure is, to include those additional
>> files, I ran
>>   autoreconf -vfi
>>   ./autogen.sh
>> which worked to produce the missing files.
>
> In addition, it was necessary to use:
>   touch build/litter/config.rpath
> to work around an error message, that complained about this missing file.

The file should be copied from /usr/share/gettext, by the 'gettextize'
command called from autogen.sh.  I suspect some -devel package might be
missing on your system?

> How do you usually produce the p11-kit release archives?

I do the usual procedure with autotools, as Andreas mentioned.

Like:

git clean -xdff
NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
cd build
../configure --enable-strict --enable-doc ...
make
make distcheck

This should be a subset of what p11-kit/automaint.sh does.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno