Installing systemd specific files

Roman Bogorodskiy bogorodskiy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:49:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

Currently p11-kit installs some systemd specific files:

 - p11-kit-remote.socket
 - p11-kit/p11-kit-remote.socket
 - p11-kit/p11-kit-remote at .service

and maybe something else I don't recall.

As those are specific to systemd which only runs on Linux (AFAIK), I was
thinking about disabling installation of these files on FreeBSD. I see
two options:

 - Detect if we're building for Linux and define something like
   WITH_LINUX and install these files only if it's True
 - More granular approach like adding configure arg '--with-systemd'
   or somethings like that. I'm not sure, however, if that makes
   much sense as it looks like most of the major distros have switched
   over to systemd

Which one is preferred?

Thanks,

Roman Bogorodskiy