nss-{email, server}-distrust-after values ignored when generating certificate bundles

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:15:18 UTC 2022

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 11:59 PM DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Given the attached anchor, this certificate is still showing up in my
> P11-kit generated bundles for OpenSSL and GNUTLS. I believe this to be
> broken behavior, but figured I post here first to make certain that the
> trust utility is intended to honor the nss-*-distrust-after flag.
> [...]

For completeness, this message is about TrustCor.

Here's the public discussion on Mozilla's dev-security-policy mailing
list: https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-security-policy/c/oxX69KFvsm4/m/etbBho-VBQAJ
. The discussion led to the removal of TrustCor from the Chrome and
Mozilla CA Root programs. Microsoft had previously removed TrustCor
from the Windows CA Root program.

Jeff