[packagekit] Adding KDE, GNOME and XFCE icons

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 4 04:30:16 PST 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 07:00 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
>
>> Richard Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> I want to add the attached images into git. Can anyone see any legal or
>>> copyright issues? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to all the legal
>>> stuff.
>>>
>>> Richard.
>>>

>> They are all part of GPL packages, so the license must apply to the
>> artwork to, so there should be no problems to add them to another GPL
>> package.
>>

> There are also potential trademark issues to consider. That said, I
> think PackageKit is fine using them but best to check either way.
>
>       David

All the tree logo icon are already included in fedora in the
comps-extras extras (used by pirut,yumex, anaconda etc)
The purpose for using the icons i packagekit is there same as in fedora.
So there should not be any issues as long as the icons is used
på point to KDE, Gnome & Xfce. If you was using the icon to something
else there might be some trademark issues.

Tim