[packagekit] QPackageKit is not dead...

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Thu Nov 8 13:14:48 PST 2007

... but I am :-)
We welcomed ukrainians during the holidays two weeks ago, and too much
parties made me catch the flu, so I've been unable to write a single
line of code for one week now. This situation is really annoying me, but
I can do nothing except waiting...
As for the progress report, I'm progressively adding functions to
QPackageKit, you can install and remove packages with it, see the
details etc.
I had a bit of difficulties with tids (when to allocate a new one for
example), but I think it's mostly solved. I changed the lib so that it
can manage mutliple tids, and everything's fine.
I've also got a crasher, which of course I can't locate, a kind of race
condition with signals. It's all in the BUGS file.

Regards
Adrien BUSTANY