[packagekit] Install rpm similiar to livna repo forpackagekit for f8

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 09:19:48 PST 2007

> > On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 10:50 -0600, Christopher Desjardins wrote:
> > Ken, Elliot, could you create a pre-release/rpm somewhere on the server
> > pls, and also give me write access on it please? I also see no problem
> > with other people with commit uploading .deb or .emerge files there.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Richard.
> >

> Have you considered the openSUSE build service? They can generate packages
> for:
>
> Fedora 6, 7, 8
> Mandriva 2006, 2007
> Ubuntu 6.06, 7.04, 7.10
> Debian Etch
> openSUSE
>
> all using a single spec file

Sounds pretty cool. I'm just not sure that all those have all the deps
needed for PackageKit, in fact I think only F8 has a new enough
PolicyKit and DBUS for it to work correctly.

Also, I tend to build several rpm's automatically per day, and just ssh
them to an area - it takes literally seconds. Resubmitting a build 3
times a day isn't that much fun  :-)