[packagekit] exclude some upgrades

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:49:29 PST 2007

> On Nov 13, 2007 9:21 AM, Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >  It is not catching all the cases, but most of the cases.
> >  if two updates conflict with each other which one shall be skipped ?? The
> > first or the second.
>
> That is what I tried to get at earlier. "broken" is not really a
> property of individual
> available updates, it is a property of the set of packages + available
> updates as a whole.

Yes and no. The update is "broken" in the sense that it will not
completely update. It is not broken as some of the updates can be
installed.

Say plparser and kernel are pushed into updates. plparser can't be
updated as totem requires the old version and so it is returned in the
update list, but marked broken as it can't be applied. Kernel can be
applied, and so is marked as normal.

I know it gets tricky when we push plparser *and* totem into the updates
repo, as you can't do this one update at a time, you have to look at the
bigger picture. It's a tricky one to solve.