[packagekit] outdated tooltips

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:17:08 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 17:17 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Maybe the yum
> cli.py could call into PackageKit via DBUS (BackendStateMayHaveChanged)
> when any transaction on the command line has completed. This would allow
> the daemon to drop it's cache and not supply invalid data.

Okay, thinking about this, maybe patching cli.py is crack, but I think a
yum plugin (like yum-downloadonly) is exactly what we need.

James, Tim, is this something one of you guys knows how to do? It just
needs to call the method org.packagekit.BackendStateMayHaveChanged()
when yum has finished an update transaction either from pup or the
command line.