[packagekit] Removing package on upgrade [Was: Re: exclude some upgrades]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 06:41:21 PST 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:14:18 +0000, Richard Hughes scripst:
> Totally, it's a good idea. Give me two minutes.

If the button in pk-update-viewer is OK, can I ask for one more. Many
times when I looked at pup (or now when I look at the same list in pk-
update-viewer) I feel like "Holy crap! Why do I have installed this shit!
I wish I could remove it". However, I usually don't bother, just click
"Do update" button (however it is called), and the crap is still in my
computer.

Now, the situation with PK is much better than with pup, because it is
possible to fire quick pkcon remove in gnome-terminal (or maybe to use
even pk-application), but I think a button "Remove this package" sitting
just next to "Update this package" (there is even space for it!) would be
even better.

What do you think?

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

It would be very good idea.
   -- Gandhi, when asked what he thinks about Western
      civilization?