[packagekit] Ubuntu Gutsy packages

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 23 20:28:27 PST 2007

Am Freitag, den 23.11.2007, 23:44 +0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 00:36 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> > I finally found some time to complete the packaging for Ubuntu. The
> > packages can be found in the Personal Package Archive (PPA) of the
> > Ubuntu PackageKit team (we have got a team for everything):
>
> Cool. Did you also package PolicyKit as well?

No. PolicyKit is already available in Debian experimental and Ubuntu
Hardy. So it is only a backport.

> > For shortcomings on Ubuntu read the announcement:
> >
> > http://www.glatzor.de/blog/blog-details/article/packagekit-is-landing
>
> Ick. Not having dbus system activation is likely to put off the
> die-hard-initial tester and generate some bad reviews. Is there any way
> you guys can ship a newer dbus with this?

Since the packages are targeted for the current stable release I don't
feel comfortable replacing such an essential part of the system with a
development version.

> Also, we now have to push on with the apt backend. I want to make a new
> release soon, and it would be nice to get some apt love in before that.

Right. Some developers already contacted mvo/me.