[packagekit] yum backend returning both installed and available

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Mon Oct 1 16:12:32 PDT 2007

On 02/10/2007, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could filter this in the server, but that means making the method
> synchronous, which isn't really an option.

Couldn't the package signal function wrapper (pk_backend_package?
Can't remember offhand and too lazy to look it up) do the filtering?
Otherwise what you're currently proposing would require separate
filtering code in each and every backend...

I doubt making that method delay by a few more milliseconds to check
against a list of packages outputted so far (hashlist with const
char's package names mapping to lists of versions is probably most
efficient) is going to slow down clients that much, but making the
code there rather than in the backends sounds more sane to me.

Tom