[packagekit] Qt bindings : take it while it's hot !

madcat madcat at mymadcat.com
Tue Oct 9 05:47:07 PDT 2007

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 07:31:44 +0100, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:51 +0200, Adrien BUSTANY wrote:
>> Hi there!
>> I've finished binding libpackagekit as a Qt object. I still have to
>> document it (will use doxygen to do that), but the code is pretty
>> self-explaining.
>
> Sure. Feel free to ask questions about the glib API, I appreciate we
> need to add some more comments in there. gtkdoc?
What I was meaning was that the C++ code could easily be understood using
the GTK doc. But I did not read it yet.

>> The next step in my quest to the grail^H^H a good Qt interface to
>> package kit is a mockup.
>
> Sure, it should be pretty simple. Just see client/pk-client.c for a
> really simple example.
>
>> And also to get a functional install of package
>> kit ;-) For now I can only search and check-updates, any other operation
>> fails cause PolicyKit will deny it...
>
> 1. Is ConsoleKit running?
Yes
> 2. Is PolicyKit 0.5 installed?
I have PolicyKit-0.6-0.git20070925.fc8
> 3. Is PolicyKit-gnome 0.5 installed?
yes, same version as above
> 4. Does ck-list-sessions list any sessions?
yes
> 5. Does ck-list-sessions list your session as ACTIVE?
the session is inactive, but I modified the policy files, they should be
fine. But it still does not work... We already talked about that on IRC,
I'm using a NX session. Anyway, from Friday I'll have a shiny new laptop
with a fresh install of f8t3, so it should work

>> The svn repo is http://maison.mymadcat.com/svn/QPackageKit
>
> Brilliant. We should probably move this to git when you have a
> functioning client, and then other guys (me?) can commit API changes or
> other fixes directly.
>
> Yell if you need any help explaining the API. If you don't understand
> something, then I need to write more documentation about it. :-)
>
> Richard.

Adrien