[packagekit] Repo Controls

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Sun Oct 14 04:35:53 PDT 2007

On 14/10/2007, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> "get-repo-list.py" should return:
>
> and "repo-enable.py fedora-development-debuginfo false" should disable
> the repo. We don't have to do anything with repo-set-data.py yet, we
> need to think about what is allowed, and what would make sense to
> abstract.

For Debian/Ubuntu, this should be doable. A repo is typically defined
as "deb http://tevp.net/debian/ stable/" (where deb can also be
deb-src for source repositories). If we're only listing non-source
repos, then the url and "spec" bit after it can be the "backend"
description of the repo, and we can locate a good value for nicer
names internally.

OTOH, if we want to move to allow people to add repos, I'd probably
want to let APT-users provide the whole raw string, (along with a
"please paste here the line you were told to put into your
sources.list") as that's what people tend to get given by makers of
extra repositories.

Tom