[packagekit] yum backend ordering problem

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:23:18 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 14:42 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I hadn't realized that we should be grouping them like that.  We
> filter out dupes in the backend for conary, but don't do any sort of
> ordering on the result.  I think James' patch should be fine.

Well, you don't actually _have_ to order the results, just make sure
that the installed variant is BEFORE the available, so for instance:

gnome;0.1;i386;installed
kde;0.1;i386;installed
gnome;0.1;i386;fedora
kde;0.1;i386;fedora

or:

gnome;0.1;i386;installed
gnome;0.1;i386;fedora
kde;0.1;i386;installed
kde;0.1;i386;fedora

To make the installed block before the available block is just easier to
audit and put in the documentation. :-)