[packagekit] Updates with no "Apply" button in the update-viewer
ken at vandine.org
Mon Oct 15 10:48:23 PDT 2007
* Start with a fully updated system (at least as far as PK is concerned)
* Run pk-update-viewer, which will say "No updates available"
* Hit the "Refresh" button (note there are only Help, Refresh, and
* After the check, updates are displayed but the buttons havn't
changed (still just the 3)
* Close the update viewer
* Run pk-update-viewer, you will now see 4 buttons including "Apply"
On 10/15/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 13:39 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> > Hummm... so starting pk-update-viewer again shows the apply button.
> > The difference here is PK already knows there is an update, so hitting
> > refresh again doesn't hide the apply button. I suspect we detect if
> > there are updates when the window opens, and not again. I guess after
> > refreshing we should update the state of the buttons too.
> We do IIRC. Can you reproduce this with the dummy backend, or give me a
> 188.8.131.52 order of events to reproduce this please. Cheers.
> PackageKit mailing list
> PackageKit at lists.freedesktop.org
More information about the PackageKit