[packagekit] Possible bugs in yum backend...

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 13:56:17 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 16:26 -0400, Robin Norwood wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Noticed two possible issues with the yum backend today, but I wanted to
>> make sure they weren't intentional before fixing them:
>>
>> o install_file is defined in yumBackend.py, but there's no helper .py
>> file and it's disabled in pk-yum-backend.c.  Is it broken?  Should it be
>> enabled?
>
> Tim needs to "git add" the file and commit ;-)

Ah, that 'splains it.

>> o resolve in yumBackend.py doesn't do a 'self._setup_yum()'.  Any reason
>> for this, or was it just forgotten?
>
> I don't think it needs to - if searching doesn't lock then there's no
> need - resolve is basically a really dumb search.

Well, the _setup_yum is in all of the other calls...I think it was just
forgotten here.  It does this:

        self.yumbase.doConfigSetup(errorlevel=0,debuglevel=0)     # Setup Yum Config
        self.yumbase.conf.throttle = "40%"                        # Set bandwidth throttle to 40%
        self.dnlCallback = DownloadCallback(self,showNames=True)  # Download callback
        self.yumbase.repos.setProgressBar( self.dnlCallback )     # Setup the download callback class

So maybe the config setup is the only one that might actually matter.
We'll see if Tim pipes up about it.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood