[packagekit] Yum and locking

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 02:42:36 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 07:51 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> I have add a slightly modified version of the looping locking code
> Robin posted.
> It will try 100 times to get the lock with a 2s delay, it will submit
> a 'status wait' before each delay

You only need to do status-wait once, PK has an internal state model. It
doesn't hurt doing it more than once tho.

I think the locking works pretty well now - my tests with "yum install
kernel" and removing powertop in pk-application seem to work as
expected. Is this okay with everyone now? Thanks to you all.