[packagekit] Resolve, adding a filter

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:34:10 PDT 2007

For the TODO item, "pkcon install zcsh" I really need resolve to filter
the results like the Search* functions do, so we only show the user the
right "sort" of packages. e.g. if "pkcon install kernel" only shows the
options for available packages, not the ones already installed.

It looks like yum is the only backend to support resolve at the moment,
so I think it's the only one affected.

We have now:

def resolve(self, name):

but this needs to be:

def resolve(self, filters, name):

i.e. the filters need to be applied to it, like INSTALLED and AVAILABLE.

Could someone make the change in the yum files please, and I'll connect
it up to the daemon. Yell when you start work to avoid duplication of
effort.

Many thanks.

Richard.

p.s. the other backends need to think about adding Resolve() if they
want some of this coolness.