[packagekit] Getting updates whilst updating system

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 10:34:48 PDT 2007

"Ken VanDine" <ken at vandine.org> writes:

> I vote for option 4, tell the user their the an update running...
> possible wait or let the user re-queue.  But we should tell we are
> "doing something".

+1 to this.  But there are all sorts of nasty corner cases.

o User opens update viewer, looks at stuff.
o Something automatically queues updates.

So I guess we'd need to do the 'am I updating stuff' check whenever the
update list is updated, and whenever the user clicks on the 'update now'
button.

-RN