[packagekit] Apt backend

Ali Sabil ali.sabil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:31:33 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I have been playing around with PackageKit since it looks like a
pretty cool thing to have fun with, and since I am running an debian
based distro, I wanted to improve the apt backend. However, I was not
really very sure about why the old backend did duplicate the cache
into a sqlite database, so I ended up writing a new backend, which is
similar to the current yum and conary backends (based on python
helpers).

If anyone is interested in this new backend, I have hosted a git
branch here: git://people.freedesktop.org/~asabil/packagekit

All comments/suggestions/flames are welcome ;)

Cheers,

--
Ali