[packagekit] [RFC] Refresh Cache

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Fri Oct 26 04:55:17 PDT 2007

Hi;

26 Eki 2007 Cum tarihinde, Tim Lauridsen şunları yazmıştı:
> > Seems so :), what about converting this method to a privileged one and
> > maybe adding repo_id as a argument so users can select repositories to
> > be updated?
>
> refresh-cache shall use the default enabled repositories on the system.

Hmm but we have a different use-case like following;

System has 2 repository;

zangetsu ~ # LC_ALL=C pisi lr
pardus-2007-test
   http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2007-test/pisi-index.xml.bz2

contrib
   http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2007/pisi-index.xml.bz2

But user only updates one of them keeping other in older state;

zangetsu ~ # LC_ALL=C pisi ur contrib
* Updating repository: contrib
No signature found for
http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2007/pisi-index.xml.bz2
* Package database updated.

So one can update/and use only selected repository while others in also
_enabled_ state.

This is totally different from enabling/disabling the repositories, cause if a
repository is disabled, PiSi completely ignores that repository/its
packages/its updates etc.

But if a user only updates specific repository's metadata PiSi can install
packages from not-updated ones.

> enable-repo is used to changes the enable state of the repo.
> get-repo-list is used to read the repos defined on the system and there
> enable/disable states.

Yep, no problem at all for these :)

> > For now is it OK to push following?
>
> Looks fine to me. (there is a typo metedata should be metadata)
> Just commit it, There Richard can find a better decription, if he whats
> to :)

Committed :)

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!