[packagekit] Status of x86_64 support?

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Sun Oct 28 05:34:45 PDT 2007

When you get access to your office box (not ssh access), try to run
pk-update-icon before running your command. This applet sits in the
taskbar and monitors the status of the daemon. Alternatively, you can
achieve the same thing running pkmon while the service is running (and
see if something happens after "running").
The daemon should emit "finished" and some percentage things while it's
running.
If we can't diagnose that, I'm affraid we'll have to do strace
debugging. But I'll get a 64 bits distro when fedora 8 gets out, so I'll
help (I was waiting for the tickless to be ported to x86_64)

Adrien