[packagekit] Replace groups with tags

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:52:50 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 22:36 +0100, Ali Sabil wrote:
> I would like to ask what do you think about replacing Groups with Tags
> in PackageKit, so that for example the OpenOffice Draw application
> would be in both Office and Graphics ?

Well, I don't think it's a bad idea at all - you just have to change the
definition of "group" :-)

Seriously, the group list is just a way of saying "what groups could you
recognize" and search-group is a way of saying "return me all the
packages that are in this group". There's _no_ limit saying that a
package can only belong to one group.

So I think it's totally sane of returning openoffice-draw for "pkcon
search group office" and "pkcon search group graphics".

Does that make sense?